Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Salon Stuff: Tipping

I've been getting a lot of questions recently about tipping etiquette. I always feel so awkward when I answer, because while tipping at a salon isn't mandatory it is appreciated. Well, I guess the definition of tipping means it isn't something you have to do, but moving on...

I decided to write a post about tipping in salons to help all of you out that...need a little help.


Tipping Percentages. I always tell people it's sort of like a restaurant somewhere between 10-20% of your services. But tip more or less depending on how happy you are.


Your shampoo tech. If a different person shampoos you, always ask the front desk how they are tipped. At our salon, they only receive tips that the client specifically leaves for them. The stylists don't split it or anything. And I don't know about you, but sometimes the shampoo is my favorite part of the service.


Yes, taxes are paid. Hand the stylist cash, they won't have to pay taxes on it. But if you put in on your credit card, it is tracked through the computer system, and the stylists have to pay taxes on them at the end of the year.


That's pretty much all I am asked about. Do you have more questions about tipping at a salon? Leave them in the comments below.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you!