Tuesday, January 17, 2012

How To Tuesday: Applying Fake Eyelashes



Typically, I only break out the fake eyelashes when I want to wear a costume. And every time I do, I forget that I don't know how to apply them. It never fails. I buy them, and then I can't put them on. My costume is always incomplete.


How to apply fake eyelashes.


What you're going to need




Step 1: start with a clean pallet 




That means so mascara and no eyeshadow. You can put all that on later.

Step 2: Prepare the lashes




This is the step that I always skipped and why my lashes never stayed. You have to take the sticky glue off of the lashes that holds them onto the plastic display. If you don't do this, your lashes will most likely not stick.

Also, measure them against your own lashes. Not everyone has the same size eye and lashes aren't "one size fits all". You might need to trim a bit off the end.

Step 3: Glue




Apply the glue to the lashes, in any manner that you want to. Directly on them. Dabbing them in the glue. A cotton swab. It doesn't matter. Just make sure you don't overload the lashes with glue, because remember, it has to go onto your lid. So whatever glue you have it will also be on your lid.

Step 4: Apply




Use your fingers first, then a pair of tweezers to refine the position. They should be placed right at the very bottom of the lid.

Then you're done!




Of course you do your eyeshadow and mascara like normal. But be careful to not pull the lashes off with your mascara wand!

1 comment:

Thank you!