Wednesday, October 5, 2011

October Spotlight Stylist

This month's Spotlight Stylist is Christina, one of the amazing girls from our flagship store in Beaumont. What makes Christina so special is that she started out as a nail technician, but she always had this strong passion about hair.

After four years with the company doing nails, she made one of the hardest decisions of her life and pursued a career in hair. Another four years later, she's never looked back.

As a Master Stylist (On Stage's third highest stylist level), she still has some room to grow and learn. But, watching her work, it's easy to see the love for what she does on her face.

 "I believe to be successful you have to be passionate about what you do. As hairstylist, I think we should step out of our box, get uncomfortable, then learn how to do it better. It's the only way you learn from your mistakes and refine them."

Christina, Master Stylist at On Stage I. 

I got to know Christina a little bit last week. Here are the amazing things she had to say below. 

How long have you been with the company?
I've been in the industry for ten years, but have been with the company for eight. The last four years I have spent doing hair.

What are your specialties?
I love all aspects of doing hair, but I specialize in precision hair cutting and formal/editorial hairdressing. 

What do you have the most fun doing?
I love going to get outside education. I'm able to offer more to my clients with what I've learned and it keeps my skills sharp. That's what I love about On Stage; they offer and give us those opportunities.

Have you won any awards?
No, but I would love to enter the NAHA competition and Trend Vision.

Have you taken any special classes?
Aside from the the in-house education that On Stage offers, I have also had classes through Paul Mitchell, Wella, and Sebastian.

How would you describe your personal style and hairstyle?
I can honestly say that I don't have any one particular style because it changes with whatever I'm feeling that day or whatever inspires me. If I had to put a label on it, I would say I'm urban chic. 

Although I've had many different hairstyles and hair colors, I've really enjoyed having my hair blonde with shorter layers, simply because it's so versatile.

I'm told you're the Sebastian advocate, what is it about that line that you like so much?
I love that Sebastian is so focused on what the hair needs so that you can almost prescribe a product for whatever hair type you're working with. It provides moisture, hold, control, and it smells amazing. There is really a product for everyone.

What are your hair dreams?
To provide education for my peers. I would lvoe to enter and win the NAHA awards or Trend Vision. But at the end of the days, it's to always make my clients happy and feel good about themselves and their image.

What made you want to be a hairstylist?
I knew in junior high that I wanted to be in this industry. I don't remember what the defining moment was, but that I just remember knowing. 

Do you have a message that you would like to tell all of your clients?
My goal is not only to get you to step out of your comfort zone but to give you a look that not only suits your style but personality as well. 

Want to book an appointment with Christina? Call (409)866-0560. 

2 comments:

  1. Christina does amazing hair, she's awesome!! thanks for taking care of mine and making me look like a O.S.G

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved this interview!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you!