Tuesday, September 6, 2011

How To Tuesday: The Top Knot

The top knot seems to be a newish trend. I've been seeing it everywhere, like here, here, and here, and I have done it myself on several occasions when I *cough* don't wash my hair *cough*. This simple updo is my go to when I don't feel like doing much to my hair. And after seeing how to do, you'll see why.



Step 1: Gather hair on top of head



Flipping your head all the way over works best here. Then run and brush through it to remove any bumps.



Step 2: Ponytail

Pretty straight forward. Secure your hair on top of your head with a pony.



Step 3: Tease it just a tad


Teasing here helps to get the bun volume. But don't make it too messy, unless of course that's your thing. Don't know how to tease? Well, go here. We will tell you.


Step 4: Pin away!





Just like it sounds. Wrap hair around, creating a bun then use bobby pins to secure.

Step 5: Hairspray

Use your hairspray to keep down any frizzies or flyaways.



Voilá!


There are a lot of other ways to do a top knot, and about a thousand different tutorials online. But I have found that this is the easiest and quickest way.

So go now my padawans and top knot away!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you!