Monday, September 19, 2011

Featherlocks: What Are They Exactly?


Feathers seem to be the newest craze in hair accessory fashion. Feathers, you ask? Yup, feathers. Interesting, right? But I can definitely see the reason why these have become an overnight sensation.

Featherlocks are in fact a feather hair extension. An actual feather that is dyed to one of the 40+ color selections and shipped out to the salons. The feather is then attached to the hair using a microbead that clamps into place. Simple really.

But the best part about these feathers, they cause zero damage to the hair. Starting to understand the appeal yet? Instead of bleaching my hair out then dying it a vibrant color, which could leave my hair dry and damage, all I have to do is clamp in a feather and voilĂ ! Instant color! 


At first I wasn't so into the whole feather thing because, hey, they have to come from somewhere right? And I read too much into what animal activists groups say sometimes. But I'm here to tell you now, that while there are some feather extension companies that are not cruelty free, Featherlocks are cruelty free. I have personally verified this with a Featherlocks representative on the phone and on their website. Don't believe me? Check it out for yourselfNo one likes animal cruelty, and here at On Stage we are proud to tell you that we remain cruelty free.


So come in and check out how a couple of simple feathers can transform your entire look. And only for the low, low price of $15 a feather. That is of course unless you want to feather out your hair with 5 feathers or more for only $10 a piece. 




Do you have Featherlock extensions? Tell us why you love them in the comments below.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you!