Friday, September 16, 2011

Crackle Nail Polish

About 7 years ago I used to be obsessed with crackle paint. I did crackle paint picture frames, crackle paint boxes, crackle paint everything. And then I kind of forgot about it. So you can imagine my delight when the new big thing is none other than crackle paint nail polish!

I've been seeing it everywhere. If you surf the internet as much as I do you've probably seen it too. But if you haven't here's the rundown.


It's just like crackle spray paint, but for your nails. You use a regular polish as a base coat, then apply the crackle polish for a top coat. The top-crackle coat will crack and show the bottom coat through. Just like in the picture above.

I tried some crackle polish last night. Here's what I thought about it. 

I used a dark purple almost black color as the bottom coat and a dark pink for the crackle top coat. When I put the top coat on, it was difficult to see the pink color very well. There weren't any directions on the bottle so I didn't know if I was suppose to do a second coat. But, I did one anyways since I could barely see the color. 

And let me tell you, when the polish starts to crackle it is cold! It must have some kind of science behind it on why it makes you nail cold, but who knows? I don't. I think with the other side of my brain.


O.P.I Pink Shatter

The end result was pretty cool. The pink didn't show up as well as I thought it would, like it does on the cap to the bottle. But overall I'm fairly impressed with this new nail trend.


Have you tried crackle nail polish? What do you think of it? Love it? Hate it? Meh? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you!