Tuesday, August 23, 2011

How To Tuesday: Teasing

No, not the kind that you did to your little brother when you were a kid, the kind that makes for big hair. And really, isn't that we all want? A little big hair in our lives? No? Just me? Okay then.

Teasing hair has been my downfall for years now. When you work with stylists, but aren't one yourself, it's a little embarrassing. I'm constantly teased (Ha!). But no longer! I asked one of our stylists to show me how to tease properly. So now, I bequeath unto you my knowledge.


What you'll need...


  1. Comb
  2. Clips
  3. Hairspray

Step 1: Section off hair 

Section the hair...pretty straight forward. 


Step 2: Backcomb

This was the part I always had a hard time with. Section off hair, I got a gold star in that, but backcomb. What exactly does that even mean? Well apparently it means exactly how it sounds. Comb backwards, up the hair, instead of down the hair. Hairspray as you go along
  • A little extra tip: hold the comb parallel with the head.  

Step 3: Continue backcombing 

Continue up the hair into the sectioned off areas, spraying as you go, until desired height is reached. 




Done and done!


How To Tuesday is going to be a regular feature on the blog. What kind of things would you like to learn? Let me know in the comments below!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you!